Volunteers are not paid – not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless.Anon.
Without our incredible volunteers, NRCA could not deliver its services.
A little means a lot to us at NRCA
Volunteering Australia www.volunteeringaustralia.org formally defines 'volunteering' as:
- being of benefit to the community and the volunteer
- of the volunteer's own free will and without coercion
- for no financial payment, and
- in designated volunteer positions only
- Make new friends
- Mix with people from different cultures and age groups
- Feel part of a workforce
- Improve self confidence
- Practice communication and language skills
- Enhance “life” experience......and so much more
You need to consider, would your first preference be to work in a team or on a one to one relationship? Consideration of this might help you decide which of the following volunteer tasks most appeals to you:
- Individual Transport, accompanying our clients to their local medical appointments
- Minor Home Maintenance
Our Volunteers ... what an amazing collection of individuals! A little means a lot to the success of NRCA and the relationship with our volunteers is highly valued. Here's just a few of the comments our volunteers have shared with us about their service with NRCA ...